Wanna Be Jasmine

I wish I were a princess. Or a Queen. But really, a Disney Princess. More specifically, Princess Jasmine. She's perfect. I understand everyone loves Cinderella and Ariel and Aurora, but I'm different. I love Jasmine. There's something special about her being one of the first brunette brown eyed Disney Princess with tan skin. <3 That, and the fact that Aladdin was a street rat hunk. 

I briefly mentioned before my E.L.F. Disney Jasmine collection purchase. And until Saturday I had yet to use it. I was pleasantly surprised by it! 
Does this look like I'm addicted? 
Four different collections featured above each priced under $10. The collection I used the eye collection Saturday which was one of the $4.99 sets. Crazy cheap! I was pleasantly surprised by the pigmentation and the color staying power, to be honest. Let's be real, some people are turned off by the idea of non name brand makeup. Not Urban Decay? Pass. Doesn't smell like Too Faced Chocolate? Sucks. That's our mentality, right? If we aren't paying $49 for makeup then it cannot possibly be good.

This is false. So very false.

Saturday's look was quite the bargain deal. It lasted ALL day and the color didn't fade. Let's take a look.

Wow jeez. I must have spent a fortune on the above products, amirite? Yea, no. I didn't. I believe the most expensive thing above might have been the Smashbox photo finish primer. At a whopping $15 during last year's 21 days of beauty sale at Ulta, I was really breaking the bank. ;) Second most expensive? Physician's Formula Argan oil bronzer at $14.95. The rest was under $10 or came as a part of my monthly Ipsy subscription. WAIT PAUSE. I lied. Ugh. I hate being wrong. But obviously my Mac Kelly Yum Yum was over $17. No ragrets though. None. 

No let's FINALLY get to my Saturday look. 
Starting with the lips! My favorite, of course. I started with NYX Fuschia SPL 816 lip liner all over the lips as a base. I know, I know. Rosie, why don't you use Mac lip liner? Wellllllll, as I mentioned before, I don't like spending the moolah that I could be using on another lipstick on lip liner. But for now, that is just me. I'm cheap, OKAY. Deal with it....for now. ;) So I lined and filled the lips and topped with a beautiful coat of Mac's Limited Edition Kelly Yum Yum. This color is flawless. It was 10:30 at night and I was still rocking that bright fuschia lippy. 

Below we dig into the eyes. Can we not comment on my eyebrows? They're a wreck, I know. I ordered my first eyebrow kit last week and I hope to get it soon! It just hasn't shipped yet! 
As you can see, I'm still a work in progress. I'm learning. I still send all my pics to Miranda because she has the whole eye shadow and blending thing down pat. 

The look. 
None of the E.L.F eye shadows on this palette had names so I'm just going to refer to them by their tone/color. On the brow bone I used the cream color, the one that actually has the E.L.F label on it. Then I hit the crease and edges with the soft purple and blended it into the bronze gold. I also used a bit of the purple to highlight under the eye below my eyeliner. I was not disappointed. Again, I am STILL working on that blending technique, but I am getting better. The eye liner? I am in love! I received it in my Ipsy a few months back and oh my word it's beyond magnificent! Elizabeth Mott "You're So Fine" glitterati liquid liner. I couldn't stop staring at it. Can you blame me? I finished the look with a set of the Eye Splash eyelashes and a coat of Benefit's "They're Real" mascara. Another beauty scored from Ipsy. Love love love! 
Complete look. ♥ 
Any tips or advice? I love this look and felt like such a pretty princess indeed.


Oh! Before I forget and say byyye, I also wanted to share my Saturday goodies. 
I found the most AMAZING blush for $5.99 at Marshall's and a few other cute adds at Rue 21. Check it out! 
Those sunglasses, btw, $5 and super cute. ;) 


Seeeeeee. K bye for reals now. <3


Comments

Popular Posts