Crying for myself.

While I listen to the Broadway and movie version soundtracks of Jersey Boys on repeat, I'm sad to report I am sad. Okay not really, but definitely bummed. Today I was supposed to receive my Anastasia Beverly Hills lippies, but they're not going out until tomorrow. And my LASpash lippies were supposed to come tomorrow, turns out they might not even be here until Monday! Sad day indeed, amirite? Alas, I shall move on from this sadness.

I mentioned last night my BH Cosmetics were to arrive yesterday and they did! Four gorgeous and amazing palettes. I was so impressed and happy with my purchase. Best part? Less than $30 (with shipping) for all four. 
That eyebrow kit is my new savior. For $4.95 it's the best I've ever come across. Then again, I don't really have any other "kits" to compare it to. I have a few pencils and they just don't cut it the way these kits do. I'm in love with my eyebrows now. I just have to get used to them being filled. 

I dipped into the Eyes on the 70's kit. The colors I went with weren't the most bright and I didn't use a primer so they're almost muted. But for the lips I had yesterday it was a perfect combination. 
The palette doesn't have any named eyeshadows, but I went with the two pinks next to each other. I used Pencil Me In eyeliner in Amethyst with a line of Kat Von D tattoo liner in Trooper over. No mascara because I keep forgetting to pack some. Whoops! BUT REALLY. Take a look at my eyebrows. The difference! 
Let's agree to not laugh because while I made some attempt the day before yesterday, I didn't have anything to work with so I half assed them. Embarrassing. Notice my little bald spot? It just doesn't seem to take anything I apply to it. 

What do you think? 

Today I received my OCC lip tars and blush kit. And I was somewhat disappointed. Maybe it's just one of those days where my lips hate me. Lord knows I have a lot of those days. 


Pretty goodies! 

I waited all day to post a look for today's makeup. First of all, I'm in love with my new eyes shadow! Bf surprised me with the Naked 3 palette (which I was going to pick up next week) because yesterday was the most stressful day ever. I'm tearing up thinking about it. Stress and me just don't get along. So I wore a few of the colors today. 

Let's take a look at the swatches. 
Firs and foremost lets get to the fact that I refused to buy this palette originally. That's why I opted for Naked 2 instead. I have so many rosy tones in my skin that I kinda thought it would be a waste. Boy was I wrong. Aside from the obvious blending colors, I love every single one against my skin tone! Nooner though.... I DIE. It's the most wonderful and beautiful color ever. My favorite on all three Naked palettes. What is PERFECTION. 

Today a created an amazingggg look. I'm so in love with it. Idk how the rest of these beauty bloggers do it, but damn, some looks are just not camera happy. Today's look barely came across the way I wanted it to in photo. Let's have a look.

For once we are going to start with the eyes.  
I went all Naked 3 palette. 
Strange on the brow bone, Nooner on the crease, and Buzz on the eyelid. Eyeliner is Kat Von D tattoo liner in Trooper (obviously), and mascara is Too Faced Better than Sex. If you don't love it, I'm sorry. But I do. <3 



Lips now. I want to say I was extremely frustrated. With today's lips. I received my OCC Lip Tar and lip liner, both in Lydia. I love the colors so much. I've seen amazing swatches, but I just could not get the color right. After repeated attempts in direct sunlight I had to go natural bathroom light. I don't usually do this, but to get the color close to "real life" there was no avoiding it. 
It's a gorgeous plum mauve color! I wish you could see it more accurately. This tube of Lip Tar wasn't like my last few. A bit more difficult to work with a cane off quite easily. My heart is broken. I did kinda squish the tube around to see if maybe the formulae separated and that seemed to help the second time around. So if yours seems to be acting funny, give that a try. 

Anyway, is anyone out there? SAY HI ALREADY. 

XoXo 




Comments

Popular Posts