One hundred or One thousand?

I'm mini celebrating right now. 
Because 100 and 1000. 
100 followers on Instagram.
1000 views on Blogspot.
A.L.M.O.S.T T.H.E.R.E.

I am 3 followers away from 100 followers on Instagram and 27 views away from 1000 on this here blog. I know it's only views and not followers, but this is huge for me! I see you readers, come out from hiding and just follow me already. 

Trust me, after this past weekend and what's shaping up to be another day of crying, I need something to put a smile on my face. Not to guilt anyone into it, of course. ;)

No. But really, things have been going so well. I'm at a comfortable place with my blog and Instagram. Pinterest isn't bringing in the traffic it used to, but that's normal I guess. MAYBE IF I STARTED POSTING MORE. RIGHT!? haha. I made myself laugh there. I've been super great though. Ever since getting my new phone, that is. Y'all don't understand my frustration  with blogging on my old one. 

Moving on. 

Lip gloss, lipstick, liquid lipstick, lip.....tar?

What in the world? I've seen it around, but it seems it's all the craze now. Or maybe it's just my imagination. But even my friend in New York asked me about them and after that I HAD to get my hands on them.

STORY TIME.

I browsed Sephora's website and found a set of 2 test tubes plus the primer for $19.  I ALMOST ordered a few before I realized we had them at our local Sephora. Curiosity got this girl 7 new lip colors the next day. After obsessing over Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tars on Instagram, I decided to give them a shot. I mean, look at it! Check out their Instagram (the link should be active) and tell me they aren't intriguing. 

An exhausting 9.5 mile run yesterday morning and almost 3 hours of my weekend spent putting in time at the office, I deserved these damn lippies. Half a mile into my run and up the more difficult part of the mountain and I realized I didn't lock my car and my iPad was showing. The question of the hour became "should I go back down and double check and lock it? Or should I risk it in hopes that people are honest and my car was safe." Damn right I ran back down to lock my car. I don't trust anyone not getting into my car after the Vancouver incident. But let's not get into that. So once again I began my run up the mountain. By the end of my run I was TIRED and my knee was acting up. I did some walking and still averaged just over 14 minutes a mile. Slow, but still decent considering the factors. 

I didn't even shower before heading to my office to get some work done that didn't get finished on Friday. I made sure to get out of my sweaty and stinky clothes before I buried myself in paperwork. Almost 3 hours later and I was on my way to Sephora. I found one 5 set of Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tars Metallic test tubes and another 2+ primer pack of the Matte test tubes. I didn't even wait to get home to try these babies out. 

Left to right from the top to bottom: Primer, Rollergirl, Narcissus, Hollywood, Lovecraft, Yaoi, Super NFSW, and Black Metal Dahlia
First I swatched the metallic in Super NFSW (described as gold-laced true red) and instantly fell in love. But then I decided to try something different so I added Black Metal Dahlia around the edges. Still working on that ombré look! See below.

It's very reminiscent of the Too Faced Melted line, but you apply with a brush, which I LOVE. Anyone who knows me knows I secretly love applying lippy with a brush. You get precision that way. I PROMISE OKAY. You can find both sets and more of the Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics on Sephora's website here.

The End. 

Kinda because I'm back again! Just end of my story. Anyway, last night I was playing around with the Lip Tars some more and came up with some pretty gnarly looks. I took a couple photos, but definitely not worth showing. Here's one below, just to get the idea.
I used Rollergirl all over the lips and added Hollywood to highlight the lips. I wish I had a better photo to show, but I don't at the moment. It's GORGEOUS. Not to toot my own horn, of course. I'll definitely get some better photos in better lighting. :) 

Today, however, I went bold and tried the Yaoi to work. It's such a beautiful hot pink. Definitely metallic. You can see the "shine" and why it's considered metallic. You can with Super NSFW but I think the red trumps the metallic look. Anyway, OCC describes Yaoi as "true Fuschia metallic" and I couldn't agree more. See below. 
And just like everyone says, a little goes a long way so the test tubes are definitely the way to go if you're hesitant. So why wouldn't you? ;) 

The end for reals now. <3 




Comments

Popular Posts