Saturday blues

I wanted nothing more than to blog yesterday, but I didn't. I'm serious too. I received my Anastasia Beverly Hills liquid lipsticks yesterday, why wouldn't I wanna blog and share? Unfortunately, I woke up sick (even more sick it seems today) and I just wanna curl up in a ball miserable. But I can't. So here I am attempting productivity.

Nothing says happy Saturday! Like Phantom of the Opera while blogging in bed. The modern day one with Gerard (hubba hubba) Butler and Emmy Rossum, ya know? There isn't one thing I hate about Phantom of the Opera. I remember reading the book in high school and falling in absolute love. It was just soooo beautiful. And then I discovered the modern day movie and was even more in love. I rented it and locked myself in my room and watched it on repeat. It is perfection. And quite honestly, it follows the book pretty dang well. You don't get that often. 

While on the Phantom of the Opera subject, let's not forget my vacation in New York last year where I actually saw it on Broadway..... Wait, I need a moment because the thought is actually bringing tears to my eyes..... It was the most wonderful and magical experience ever.  Throwback moment. 

As I left the theater this was the one photo I took. <33 Funny story, before I even made it to the theater I told everyone I would probably cry minutes in because I'm a huge sap and I love the story so much. Sure enough within SECONDS tears were pouring down my eyes. As soon as I heard that monkey music box it was history. My entire body was covered in goosebumps. I was hypnotized. If ever you get the chance to see one of your favorite stories on Broadway, do it. Do not miss that experience. ESPECIALLY in New York. That was one thing off my bucket list. 

Now that I'm completely side tracked (what is makeup even) maybe we should try and get back to what this was all really supposed to be about. That thing called makeup. 

Anastasia Beverly Hills liquid lipstick. 

I've purchased these before, but just two. And I finally just caved and bought a few more. YES, I bought Heathers. Now I can stop complaining about my regrets of buying Vamp over it. Don't ever get me wrong, Vamp is a gorgeous color, but it just isn't an everyday color for me. Every day colors are pinks and reds and nudes. Especially working an office job, ya dig? 

Let's have a look. 



Pretty, ain't it? It's a deep red. Like Burgundlgy! However you would describe it, it's still beautiful. I don't know what it is about these deep reds though, but they tend to run a bit more drying. ABH generally has a decent matte finish. It may have been that this was the last lippy I swatched and it also happened to be after lunch (which ruined my perfect Sad Girl lips). I still absolutely love this color. 

NOT AS MUCH AS SAD GIRL THOUGH. 
Norvina did good. REAL GOOD. This color is a absolute perfection. It's a wine colored shimmer with violet undertones. I took a million selfies in it. 
And let's not forget my super artsy wanna be modeling photo. 
I really love this photo of myself btw. Yes, I did use a filter and YES I am still wearing Sad Girl.

Can we talk about the eyes? 
I love this look so much. It's so basic and classy. I used the BH Cosmetics Hollywood palette. Yellow on the eyelid and gold on the crease and under eye. Eyeliner is the gold shimmer from the E.L.F. Cosmetics Jasmine eye collection. I used Kat Von D tattoo liner in Trooper over the gold liner to give my eyes some depth. Let's be real, I have small eyes. They tend to disappear. Mascara is Too Faced Better Than Sex. The eyebrow kit is also from BH Cosmetics in dark. I'm getting better, aren't I!? :)) 

That's it for now. I actually have a migraine and it's taken me 4 hours to finish this because of this sickness. That, and I was distracted by Sharks hockey (they wonnnnnn!) so I'm just finishing now. 

I might be back later tonight. We'll see. 

PS. My day was made when my Sharks makeup hockey photo was liked by one of my favorite MUAs on Instagram. 
Gotta go nap now. Or watch Shahs of Sunsets. Who knows. Bye now. 








Comments

Popular Posts