Pants on fire.

Liar liar. 

Now I know I said I would be blogging about my Disney E.L.F haul, but I am beyond proud of yesterday's accomplishments. I "came out." And no, not from the closet, weirdos! I finally announced my "beauty Instagram." The only reason for this is because I finally felt confident enough to. 

So as you know, I've been practicing and practicing and still sucking at doing my eyes. I mean, come on, I'm a perfectionist. I still suck, but I'm better. Some of the posts I've seen.... Lord no. :(
Yesterday though....yesterday I was determined! I don't even know what it was about it. But after my semi success with my St. Patrick's day look, I had to try again. So I did. 

First look? 
I really really loved my lips yesterday. I used NYX Mauve all over the lips as a base. I've really come to love using a base. Before I was like "blah blah blah, lip liners suck, you just want my money, lipstick only." You know the tune. And who could blame me? SOME LIP LINER SELLS FOR $26! This may be the "beauty on a budget" in me, but all my lipsticks range from $5.99 to $24. One day I'll branch off to the more expensive ones, but I like having a variety for now. 

Anyway! Back to my face. That first look? It was ok, right? That's what I thought at least. So my lips have NYX Mauve as the base with Anastasia Beverly Hills in Pure Hollywood liquid lipstick all over the lips. Here's where I decided to get "adventurous," I added just the most minimal amount of Anastasia Beverly Hills Vamp to highlight the edges of my lips. Vamp is a warm red. And by warm I mean it is a very brown color. I was kinda bummed, if you recall from my previous post a while back, that it wasn't more of a vamp color. You know, blood red or something vampy. I haven't used it much but yesterday it was PERFECT for what I was going for. 
 
I sent the above photo to my VQ aka eye shadow guru. She has the eyeshadow thing DOWN. I envy her. But she had some amazing advice for me. 
BLESS. HER. SOUL. 

I took the advice to heart. She was right. I looked at my before photo and though, I can do better. And I did. At least to my own standards. See below. 

I used my Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette. Champagne Truffle on the brow bone, Candied Velvet on the crease, and Creme brûlée on the eyelid. 
Eyeline is Kat Von D tattoo liner in Trooper over E.L.F Jasmine golden shimmer liner. 
Mascara was Too Faced Better Than Sex. 

Well? What do you think!? Not bad right? I'm pretty proud of it. I know I'll get better. I feel like eyeshadow is something I go through in phases. Like some years in amazing, while others I completely blow. I'm trying to find a happy middle. 

Closeup of the lips. 
To be completely honest, I love my lips. They came out just as I hoped. 

Now the eyes. Don't be cruel! If I'm airing all my weaknesses out, please understand that my eyebrows need attention. Haha. Big time. I just forget about them. Not that I can't do them, it's just that I forget to get my eyebrow pen or brush or powder. But that'll change. 
I was very proud of how my eyeliner came out. I'm not bad at wings so I don't mean that, but the gold over line. I'm not used to going two tone eyeliner. And it could have ended bad, but in all honesty it really didn't. 
What do you think? 






Comments

Popular Posts