What's In My Bag!?| Gen Beauty Weekend Haul And Breakdown

Oh hello!

This post is a few weeks overdue, but truth be told.....fml. It made me anxious thinking about it. A few weeks ago I came back from the most amazing weekend in New York. In August, I was fortunate enough to get invited to Generation Beauty in New York by Ipsy as an Ipsy OS member. For those who don't know what Ipsy OS is, it's a community for beauty bloggers and lifestyle bloggers that was created by Michelle Phan. You can find more information here.

Come September, I was on my way with Jessy to what I knew would be the most exhausting, exciting, fulfilling, and rewarding weekend since becoming a creator. And boy, WAS IT.

On my agenda I had Creator Day, Cocktail Party, Gen Beauty, and a "launch party" that is irrelevant.

From the moment we flew in, it was go go go. We arrive around midnight into JFK and our AirBNB host very generously picked us up. We didn't want to stress about distance so we stayed right in the Jamaica neighborhood for the night.

The next morning we rode the subway into the city where I arrived at Creator Day (Jessy wasn't allowed in, invite only). Even though Creator Day, this year, was a mess schedule wise it was an incredible change from the year before. In 2015 I was blessed with an invite as well. That was the year they hosted their very first Creator Day. It was in one room in 2015. This year it was open and the panels were in an auditorium. I can't really explain it, but you walked downstairs and you were greeted and given your wristband and you continued into the hall. The hallway had set ups with brands and food stands and a lounge area with free refreshments. The brands in attendance with "booths" were Too Faced, NYX, Lime Crime, Bes Frens, Kendra Scott, Skyn Iceland, and a drink company (for the life of me I can't remember the name.)

Each "booth" was giving away goodies and had displays for you to play with makeup and talk with the reps. The year before didn't have anything close to this! There were also panels. And each panel was headlined by a CEO or President or reps from brands or companies and of course Ipsy's top Creators. You had the option to not attend, but um hello, you received goodies at each one. The panel with Doe Deere is where we received a free FULL SIZED Pocket Candy. You know, the ones that were JUST released. I swatched it below.



I'm still how they say... SHOOK. NYX gave us a mini bag full of goodies as well, SKYN Iceland gave us a few masks, Bes Fren gave us cookies!! and the most amazing lotion I have ever smelled in my life, Too Faced gave us a FULL SIZE Better Than Sex Mascara, and Kendra Scott let us custom make a piece of jewelry! It was overall a really fun event and the panels were pretty informative. The two that stood out most to me were Studio 201 and this other one (I can't remember the name) that was with the President of Pixi and one of the Creative Directors of Disney. I felt like I learned a lot from those panels. For example, did you know Ask Yeff and the Ipsy studios don't recommend ring lights? So glad I never got one. Yeff recommended one source of light in front and directed down on you. Shadows are GOOD.

Moving on.

M absolute favorite favorite part of Creator Day was the Cover FX Workshop. We learned the basics of mixing your own foundation and proper color matching. I'll admit, it took me a pretty minute to figure it out. Here's a shot of the final outcome.



At the end of the [Creator Day] event, we were given another goodie bag filled with some pretty cool things. Afterward we rushed to our second AirBNB to get me ready for the cocktail party. The party was amazing. I met up with a few of the girls I met at Creator Day and had a genuinely good time. Please keep in mind these events were invite only so networking is a huge deal. The friends you meet at these events are an asset. It really is an amazing thing to connect with people who do what you do and love what they do as you love what you do! lol. If that made sense!

Anyway, after the party we were given our creator bag and....HOLY ISHHHHH. Probably the most overwhelming generous goodie bag I've ever received in my life. I would have cried had I not been slightly intoxicated (sorry mom). But honestly, it was insane!

By the end of the weekend (after the Gen Beauty event) I had accumulated quite a bit of goodies. I brought along my duffel bag to send back my +3 oz products. I moved all my clothes to my duffel and added as much as I could. Meanwhile, I filled my carry on and personal item with all the makeup I could. I ended up having to unpackage as much as I could and still ended up using Jessy's bag for storage. Let's put it this way, the bag of goodies weighed more than my 15 pound cat. Don't believe me? Here's a photo of it spread out (with a bit cut out).


The photo above does include 3 or 4 purchased items though. The rest was accumulated over the weekend. Want to see and hear a bit more about the goodies? Watch my video below.



If you made it to the end of this post AND watched my video , I love you! I am so very fortunate to be a part of Ipsy OS and when these opportunities do come up, I can't help but be thankful for the chance to do what I'm doing and really love it. So if you're reading this, thank you! ♥

xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts