Mac Cosmetics limited edition Giambattista Valli

Woooooooooooow @ me. 

Remember last week when I said I was going to be so good about this whole blogging thing? Yea, well sure, so much for that. Little secret I might let you in on, I was a terrible student. Ha. 

Okay, I'm done being so negative! 

Last week I received my collection of the matte Giambattista Valli Mac collab. I was supposed to review them then, but..... never mind. Moving on. We are now in July and I would have to say of all the collections that have been released this year, this was my favorite. Everything about it was perfect. 

The colors? Seriously amazing, with the exception of Bianca B, which we'll get to later. 

The packaging? A1. Steak sauce. Cream of the crop. The best of the best. I mean, if I could just own the packaging, I'd be stoked. 

The quality? Lemme tell you this, Mac Cosmetics has some major hits and misses with their mattes. And I'm going to be completely honest, I own a lot of misses. We'll talk about that later as well. FOCUS. So these? These Giambattista lippies? Their quality is top notch. Could it be that it's because the French takes pride in their "fashion and beauty?" 

I want to give them 5 stars, however, Bianca B is keeping me from doing so. I'd say 4.8. Round up, if you please. 

Let's take a look. 
Don't call me biased. Admit it, this packaging is stunning. It's so simple and classy and beautiful. They're traditional matte bullets, but the packaging reflects their insides. I'm serious! Take a look. 
How even? So beautiful. I'm obsessed. And those colors! Ugh. I can just stare at them all day and night. *sigh* Fine, judge me. But my heart loves what my heart wants to love. 
Do you need a moment? Because I do. 

Let's be real though, the colors are only so amazing because they complement the packaging so well. I think if we closed our eyes a little bit and squinted and pretended they were in regular black bullets, they might only be described as "amazing" instead of "super omg perfectly beautiful and amazing!" Amirite? 

Let's see how the swatches hold up. 
Nope. I'm wrong. They're definitely  beautiful colors. I cannot get over Eugene and Charlotte and Tats. Magherita is STUNNING as well, but I prefer my oranges with my less tan skin. That's my personal preference though. Bianca B though. Ugh. No. Stop. I don't love it. It's a beautiful color, but it takes a very unique skin tone. 

Confession time. I have yet to try Bianca B on my lips. I'm not exactly sure just HOW bad it looks on me. Here's the thing, if you're familiar with Mac Saint Germain, you should know how much I dislike that color on me. And when I see Bianca B, I see myself in Saint Germain. I kid you not, my friends, but I saw myself in the mirror wearing Saint Germain and I was mortified. I looked like a clown. I couldn't take it off quick enough. But again, this is JUST me. I've seen lovely swatches of Bianca B. Who knows, maybe when I get over my prejudice towards pale pinks I'll try it on and post a selfie. ;) 

Now for some direct sunlight swatches, yes? 
It's okay if you need another moment, I do too. 

Want to know my favorite part about these lipsticks? The quality. Like I mentioned before, Mac has some hits and misses. Their hits are unforgettable and their misses are serious misses. I've had my share of misses. But that of course is with any cosmetic brand you come across. Do NOT get me wrong, I will continue buying Mac lipsticks because I truly feel they're a great mid level affordable brand of lipsticks. I know some people hate them or refuse to use their products, but to each their own. That's the beauty of the beauty industry. No pun intended. FOCUS AGAIN. Ugh. Forever sidetracked with my rants. So the quality. AMA-ZA-ZING. AMAZING. Extremely pigmented! In case I haven't mentioned already, these are matte lipsticks. If you've owned any of the matte Mac lipsticks before, you probably know what I'm talking about. The infamous "Mac Ruby Woo" is a matte and can be a bit drying on the lips. Y'all know what I'm talking about. Heck, even their new shades of matte lipsticks had some semi misses. Take Mac Instigator for example, it was a bit patchy on my lips. I wouldn't say drying, but definitely one of those mattes that can frustrate you at times. These? Giambattistas? The perfect matte. They're almost a moisturizing matte, but still really pigmented. It's really hard to describe. Think of everything you love about matte Mac lipsticks. The smell, the long wear, the minimal transfer.... but without the drying feeling. Ya feel me yet? Good. 

So there you have it. 4.8/5 stars. 

Breakdown.  

Packaging: 5/5 
Uniqueness: 5/5 
Colors: 4.8/5 
Pigmentation: 5/5 
Long wear: 5/5 
OVERALL: 4.8/5 <- if that even makes sense! 

I have quite a bit to review. What should I go with next? Kat Von D, Milani, or Anastasia Beverly Hills? Tweet, Snapchat, or leave me a comment on Instagram! 

Twitter: rlq_rosie 
Snapchat: Punkrosette 
Instagram: RunningLipstickQueen_ 

XoXo


Comments

Popular Posts