Confidence.

I know it's been a few days, but a lot has been happening. My Instagram is growing and with each follower my confidence grows as well. This is both good and bad. Good because I feel good about myself. I feel beautiful. I feel like I can succeed and nothing can hold me back. But bad because my camera roll is full of selfies....haha. Small joke. I'm actually serious though. SO. MANY. SELFIES. 

In all seriousness, this all terrifies me. I know with every photo I post I run the risk of being insulted or criticized or made fun of. And it's happened twice now. While it's all fun and games, I can't imagine what the insult count will be at with 1,500 followers or 3,000 or even 10,000 followers. It's a scary thought. 

Here's my post on it. 

I have NOTHING but respect for the ladies who tolerate so much more and worse than me. Seriously, TERRIFYING. I see comments that would make me cry on other people's photos. That's what comes with wanting to share this passion. And you know, I'm still learning. I expected negativity. I guess I've been doing so well and receiving such positive feedback that it came as a shock to finally be shot down. But I am only human. I get sick, my feelings get hurt, I get upset, and I doubt my confidence. This is all just a learning game. 

Embracing the negativity. Even though I'm talking about it now, it's just something I wanted to shed light on. I'm over it. I respect the needs of others to mock or make fun of my looks publicly, but I know where I stand. 
Sunday's makeup of the day. (Giveaway look #4!) 

Up close make up look of the day. 
Eyes: BH Cosmetics After Hours Party Girl palette. Cream on the brow bone and all over the eye, gold on the lid and under the eye, and the speckled black blended into the edge of the crease. Eyeliner is Kat Von D tattoo liner in Trooper and Benefit Cosmetics Roller Lash. BH cosmetics eyebrow trio kit. 
Lips: Colourpop Cosmetics Bichette 😍 with BH Cosmetics diamond series red shimmer shadow to highlight the inner lip. I also used Mac Cosmetics Burgundy lip liner to line the lips. 
Shadow and lips are part of my giveaway prizes! 

I love this look. So hey, while I'm at it, here's another selfie of confidence. 

Side note: I'm really trying to work on lighting in my photos. You may notice some changes in what I post! But it's all for the better. My skin tones won't look as washed out. Want to see the difference? 
Both front facing camera selfies and as you can see from the mirror in the background I'm in the same spot. No editing. Tricks. ;) 

That's it for now. I wish I wasn't so behind on posting, but life is good and you can't blame me for not wanting to pull myself away from happiness, right? <3

XoXo

 

Comments

Popular Posts