Running with lipstick.

New Year's Day was a success! 

I did absolutely nothing but clean and organize. I was almost late to the game on New Year's Eve so my makeup shelf was a mess! I got my New Year's Eve traditional run in (YASSS) and then had less than half an hour to shower and get ready for the night. I'd like to think I was quite presentable by the time my friend showed up to head to the game. 

Our team, the Americans, lost. Big time. Actually, lost is an understatement. They were DESTROYED. 10-2 to be exact. Rotten luck. They're actually a really good team. This season they've been great, but two of our boys our playing for team Canada and team USA in the World Junior's Championship. Not that you'd expect two to make a difference, but one is actually our goal tender. Starting goal tender. So you get the picture. 

Anyway. Enough talk of hockey. 

Today was by far the most productive day I've had since all the Christmas vacation nonsense. As much as I love having all those days off, work suffers when I can't focus consistently. I care more about when is my next day off than getting work done. I'm going to work on that.  Not today though. I got to work late (again) because I needed that extra half hour of sleep. But once I got there I made my cup of tea and started busting my ass off catching up on mail and faxes and closing out old files. Productivity for the win. 

I didn't run yesterday. I really wanted to. I had every intention of running, but I didn't. I finished last year with 735.8 miles, including all my hikes. Not bad considering I took all of June off and had a rough start in 2014. Of those miles, 437.6 were from September 1st until the end of the year. Beyond proud of myself. I'm even more proud that I was able to get in a 5 mile run on lunch today. 

Today I had my first full "experience" with NYX's Shocking Pink. Holy just wow. It's amazing. The coverage is great and the color lasts FOR-EV-ER. *cue Sandlot gif* 
Usually when I go to the gym I remove my makeup and get rid of my lipstick, but today I just didn't care. I didn't want to do anything that might make me put off running or worse, not run at all. I'm really bad at that. So I gymed. I booked it on lunch to the cardio cinema and started running. Luckily Billy Madison was on. Time goes by much faster when I have something to visually distract me in addition listening to my iPod or Pandora. 

5 miles later.
I only get an hour lunch and I'm not the fastest runner (10 minute pace if I'm lucky) so I had 10 minutes to shower and make it back to the office. I almost always go over. But look, check out my pic from above. Even dulled out and muted with a filter, MY LIPS ARE STILL PINK. And after I washed my face and showered, my lips still had some stain to them and looked amazing. I 100% approve of this considering this is how I looked at the beginning of the day. 

Such a pretty pretty pink. And the best part? NYX lippys are only $5.99. What a steal. I highly recommend. 

After my run I had an hour of work left. I may or may not have slacked off a bit. Okay ok, I slacked off. I went to track some lipstick orders I placed and came to find out the post office "attempted to deliver" and said our office was closed. Extremely frustrating considering we were open. 

I had a touch up appointment with my tattoo artist immediately after work, but luckily he postponed until 5:30. With this extra time, I booked it to the post office to pick up my package. Turned out I went to the wrong post office. My freaking luck. I hauled ass across the bridge to the correct post office, just in case I could make it while they were still open, but they were closed. Bummed major. 

I needed lipstick therapy.

I love getting tattooed, but I always work myself up because I know it's going to hurt. I had hopes of my new lipstick serving as a nice distraction, but clearly not thanks to the post office. On my way to the tattoo shop I took a minor detour to Walgreens. I know they don't carry NYX (sadly) but I knew they carried Milani which I've heard nothing but good things about.

I wandered the cosmetic section for awhile looking at my drugstore lipstick options. So many to choose from and I've heard great things about a lot. I have a preference though. I love love love matte. Or satin. Anything that isn't ridiculously glossy or could wipe away easily. That bothers me. I know, I'm picky. I found the Milani, but I didn't see any mattes. Lucky for me, they were right next to Wet N Wild. I've had great experience with WnW and they were on sale for $1.49. I grabbed the last Cherry Bomb from the shelf. I noticed they had some matte WnW lip gloss. You know, the long wearing gloss. I hadn't seen or heard reviews so I was curious. They were on sale for $2.49 so why not, right? I grabbed Click On My Hyperpink since it looked a little like a mix between Kat Von D's Armageddon and her Backstage Bambi. I love my KVD Backstage Bambi and Armageddon is on my wish list. Two lipsticks for under $5? Winning. While I was standing in line my eyes wandered and, of course, my eyes landed on the word "matte." It was Jordana's Modern Matte lipstick. They were practically sold out of every color but they had a nice soft pink (me and pinks) named Matte Popular that I had to buy. New matte brand for $2.49 on sale? Double score. 

So I walked out of Walgreens after 20 minutes with three new lipsticks. ALL FOR UNDER $7. I didn't even waste time. I had a few minutes until my appointment and the tattoo shop was just 2 minutes away, so I swatched my new colors. GORGEOUS. Not to toot my own horn, but I chose WELL. 
I didn't realize it at the time, but Wet N Wild's Cherry Bomb is a well known dupe for Mac's Diva. Diva is one of my absolute faves. So this made me happy. I even did a side by side swatch. 
They look even more identical in person. I promise you. 
All in all, I'm content with what I bought.
And I made it to my tattoo appointment on time. And the touchups were great. He added more color and she's beautiful. Btw, the ears are actually the same size. I'm just a tad chubby when I lean, apparently. Hahaha. True story.

Comments

Popular Posts