Influenster Kat Von D #LockItRevolution

So here's the scoop, a couple of months ago I was offered the survey to get on the list for the Kat Von D's Influenster Vox Box, so of course, I took it. I had no idea what it was for or if I was approved until a couple of weeks ago. The campaign was for the latest "Lock it Revolution."

If you're familiar with Kat Von D products then the phrase "lock it" should not phase you. The infamous Lock It Foundation has been around for quite awhile. It's very well known for it's full coverage and the latest concealers are NO exception. If we're being honest, I didn't use the old Lock It Tattoo concealers. A small part had to do with its packaging, another had to do with my preference for a more affordable concealer. But let's move past that.

So here I am receiving the Kat Von D Lock It Revolution VoxBox not knowing what to expect. Actually, I expected the concealers. Just two concealers. Typically, Influenster sends out two to three of a brands collection for you to review and test. What I wasn't expecting was 90% of the latest collection. Boy was I in shock. 


I received two concealers, one light in L9 and one warm in M17, the Lock It Setting Powder, the Lock It Setting Powder Brush, and the Concealer brush. I was more than excited for it all! 

So let's talk concealers. If you know me, you know my go to concealer is the NYX concealer pot in yellow. Affordable and amazingly pigmented. When I received the Kat Von D concealers, I was secretly hoping not to love it as much as I did (solely for the sake of my wallet) but alas, I was in for an immediate admiration. These sell for $26 each. 


The two shades I received were L9 which is described as light with neutral undertone and M17 which is described as medium with warm undertone. M17 is my new favorite. It's warm undertones work so well with the yellow in my skin! Absolutely LOVE it. The L9 is ideal for days I want to brighten my under eyes since the neutral tone cancels out the darkness under my eyes. It's necessary often. 


As you can see from the swatches, they're very different in shades light is definitely light! I did feel when I swatched them on my arm L9 didn't appear as pigmented as on the face. That could be because my arm is much darker than my face....I'm not too sure. They're lightweight and buildable so you don't have to worry about it looking cakey or heavy under the eyes. And trust me when I say, they're soooooo blendable! I'm was so very happy when I went in with my beauty blender and saw they blended out so well without losing pigment intensity. That's uber important to me, don't you agree? 

And then we add the concealer brush to the equation. 


Personally, I'm not a fan of brushes for blending concealer, but this one isn't bad at all! I still reach for my beauty blender to blend out my concealer though, it's a habit! I think the denseness of the smaller head make it favorable for some people when it comes to blending concealer, but it's definitely personal preference. This particular brush sells for $24. I think brush is great for application and even from some lid work. ;) 

Now we get to my favorites from the collection. <333333


The Lock It Setting Powder. Three words: I. AM. OBSESSED. This powder is amazing. Again, if you know me, you might know my go to is another NYX product which is the color correcting powder in yellow. This new KVD might have replaced it. This one does sell for $30 which is fairly decent compared to some of the other "high end" setting powders.  What I love most about this powder is how friggen light it is on the face. Seriously, I strongly dislike the feel of silky setting powders. I know to each their own, but I just can't do it. It feels too heavy on the face. This one is sooooo not heavy. It's light AF. It blends out so well too! 

Now the brush? Oh my lanta. It's SO FLUFFYYYYY. No, but seriously, the bristles are so amazingly soft and pick up so much product. It is my second favorite item. The stiletto wand handle just gets me. This brush does sell for $38 which may not be the most affordable, but it is only slightly above average for the quality. I'm obsessed with it though. I won't use my setting powder without it.  Paired together they're meant for eachother.

I'm sure you're all now wondering, how the heck do I get me one of those boxes!?! It all starts with YOU. Influenster uses YOUR influence and YOUR social impact and YOUR lifestyle to qualify you for campaigns to receive Vox Boxes. Frequently they send out surveys for campaigns they think will best suit you. To be honest, there's been times I was so sure I'd qualify and they'd deny me. *sad face* It's understandable though. What I find most appealing about the program is the variety of campaigns you can be eligible for. Cosmetics, food, home goods, health, fitness, you name it. Prior to this campaign I received the Make Me Brows Vox Box. I was VERY happy with that one too. 

How do they determine what campaign would best suit you? Your impact. You can answer "snap" questions they send to your dashboard or review almost any product you can think of from energy drinks to lipsticks to running shoes. Each time you review a product it goes towards your impact score. The higher the impact score, the better, naturally. What else affects your impact score? Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Blogger, Tumblr, Pinterest, and even Foursquare. If you have a small number on one social network, there's always another. LINK. THEM. ALL. :)))))

Still want more information? Go here and do your thing! You won't regret it. Just give honest reviews and share your love for what you love and you're all set. 

Feel free to comment below with any questions you might have. 

XoXo

Comments

Popular Posts